Under the NSW Government plan for reopening of NSW, from Monday 8 November restrictions are easing for those who are fully vaccinated.
We ask all our Funeral Directors to assist us by outlining the measures below to your staff, contractors and families. Please help us to ensure restrictions are complied with on the day of the service.
Compliance with NSW Health Restrictions
The following measures apply to funerals in Greater Sydney and Hunter/Newcastle from Monday 8 November.
These rules apply to chapel services, catered functions, burials/interments and ash placements.
- No attendance limit on funeral services for fully vaccinated
- If not fully vaccinated can only attend funerals of up to 10 people
- 1 person per 2 sqm will apply to indoor services and outdoor services
- Masks are to be worn by everyone in an indoor service
- All attendees must check-in and show proof of vaccination
- No singing for people who are not fully vaccinated
Chapel capacities are based on 1 in 2 sqm but limited to 10 attendees if not fully vaccinated.
|Macquarie Park Cemetery|
||200 inside +60 outside = total 260*|
||40 seated + 20 standing = total 60|
||28 inside (no outside)|
|Frenchs Forest Bushland Cemetery|
||39 + 1 FD + 1 staff = 41 inside|
* main Macquarie Park chapels – 40 seated outside front doors, 20 seated at side
- The function room capacities for Wallumatta Function Centre at Macquarie Park have increased in line with the easing of restrictions
- The Lorikeet Room at Frenchs Forest has re-opened for functions
- All attendees will need to check-in and show proof of vaccination
- Please contact Celeste Catering on 02 9889 8455 to discuss your catering requirements
Thank you for helping us to comply with the latest NSW Government requirements. We will continue to review our measures to comply with the Public Health Orders and to keep our families and community safe.